Saturday, September 11, 2010



Most wonder "old man, why no content?" It's called a dry spell kids, it's kind of like a batting slump. What do you do when you hit a slump; change the mojo. In my case this involved shaving that awful moustache, a new hat, and ceremoniously sacrificing the duck in the parking lot of the boat ramp before work (he'd started looking at me real funny any way). Pictured in this spread is David from the garden state. This guy is a multi talented athlete who's skill set includes but is not limited to wrestling, playing a mean second base, and chucking tight loops at the green fish. Pretty cool way to christen the new ride if you ask me.

But you know, it's more than just a dry spell Kevin; it's a transitional phase. Sadly, what this recent hiatus has made me realize is that it's time to take a step back. So it's with a heavy heart that I tell you this will be my final post of the 2010 campaign. A wise man once wrote me a letter that said never to "stand by and allow it to drag on beyond the point of vibrancy and health", and I think that's where we are now. Keep in mind this is not the end. But in order for the art to continue to be meaningful and beautiful one must periodically reinvent it. I'm most sorry to those who depend on this content machine for your life force (guess you're gonna have to get some energy crystals or whatever), but rest assured that no one loves the blog-spot more than I do, and when the time is right, it will return.

So I'll leave you with this...An old friend of mine from a cabin in the woods used to ask me (and as is customary, I'm paraphrasing here) "hey, old man, when is it over? When are you gonna straighten up and fly right, quit the life, get a real job and stop acting like such a loon?" Although the one word antiphon is generally not my forte (a professor of mine once even called me 'wordy'), the answer to that is simple. Never.



"So many Roads to ease my soul"

W