Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fishing the Vineyard Report 06/11/09




Today I had the pleasure of fishing with Tom from Aspen (pictured in this spread). Tom and I have fished together for the past couple of seasons; he seems to bring cloudy weather and good fishing. Today was no exception. The fishing scenario was basically identical to what we found yesterday; open water, sandeels and a generous helping of hefty healthy striped fish on the long rod. There were some teeth in the mix today as well, but we didn't loose any flies and some of them were of robust size (see pic), so I was actually pleased with their presence. Bluefish are weird. Sometimes they're a nuisance. Sometimes they save the day. Sometimes they bite you and you have to go to the Emergency Room. Either way, I think that they're pretty cool. I've been really pleased with what I've been seeing out there in the past few days and my fingers are crossed that it'll hold up.

"Keep what's important and know who's your friend"...

Captain W. Brice Contessa
www.contessaflyfishing