Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fishing the Vineyard Report 06/14/09



The fishing out on the rock has remained relatively consistent since my last post. Still lots of bass on sandeels and sometimes squid. Pictured in this spread are Drew and Michael, proud members of the Bronxville High School Alumni Association. I fished these 2 on Friday afternoon and we found a lot of striped fish aggressively pounding squid and eagerly eating artificials and flies. I fished this same bite in the morning with Mitchell and Steve from Delaware, but it rained so hard that I was never able to get the camera out of its case. On Saturday I fished Earl from West Chop. We came out of the box slow with minimal bites in the first couple of hours of the trip. Calm conditions and Saturday crowds were the main factors leading to our lack of productivity. Eventually however we were able to get located on some decent fish and although they were not being terribly aggressive, we were able to hook a few and land the one pictured above. Nice job Earl! I'm holding today for maintenance which frankly I should be attending to instead of blogging. Gotta go...Brice