Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fishing the Vineyard Report 08/18/09




Pictured in this spread are Greg and Walter from Jersey. I've fished with this father and son duo every year since 2002, and they always manage scare something up. Today we fished for bones in the morning and blues in the afternoon. We were able to land a couple of bonito and a nice mess of teeth. The bonito fishing was made difficult by the rampant idiocy displayed by the fleet on the grounds this morning. Yes Kevin, I am fully aware of the irony of posting fishing reports on the web and then complaining about the spots being crowded, but give me a break, we're trying to run a business here. This is the part of the report when most guides would give you a whole spiel on fishing etiquette and how to approcah the school and such. Y'all know me though, and that's generally not how I roll, so I'll try to put it a little more simply; don't step on each others dicks, it hurts. Mine has tread marks on it after today for Christ sakes.

Happiness is a Green Bone...

Captain W. Brice Contessa
www.contessaflyfishing.com